- Compact design for installation in even the tightest locations.
- Fully tuneable from 4psi to 26psi spring pressure (0.28 to 1.79bar). (Tuning beyond 26psi will require a boost controller)
- More accurate boost control with custom Eibach® springs made specifically for this application.
- Fully serviceable with no specialist tools required.
- Anodised billet housing.
- Water-cooled option as standard to keep the piston, O-ring and cylinder within their optimum operating range.
- NO Diaphragm to fail, unlike our competitors, which enables the use of high pressure compressor driven boost control above the piston if necessary or desired, without the danger of the diaphragm turning inside out
- Unique lightweight piston design.
- Faster response.
- Original purchaser has “Forge Motorsport Lifetime Warranty”.
- 304 Stainless Steel CNC machined V-band clamps supplied for easy installation and maximum clamping force.
- 44mm industry standard weld on fittings supplied for installation to any existing 44mm set up.
- Adjustable water inlet and outlet position.
Having been the world leaders in aftermarket replacement turbo actuators for the last 20 years we spent a long time conducting market research and development to find exactly what would constitute “The World’s Best External Wastegate“ and here we are… Forge Motorsport proudly present the world’s first piston wastegate with optional water cooling – the FMWCW1.
Following the release of our original piston operated wastegate we knew that we wanted to create a product that would perform to the same capability but within a more compact area.
In striving to do this, our engineers managed to develop a wastegate that exceeded all expectations.
Our new wastegate is 45% smaller than the original, and can withstand temperatures of over 1000℃ . The internals have been designed so that the piston is more responsive than ever. It is the world’s first external, piston operated wastegate with water-cooling capability.
All petrol / gasoline turbo engines utilise a wastegate of some kind and there are usually two types, an internal or external version, which refers to their location. An internal wastegate is built into the casting of the hotside of the turbo, connected to the exhaust. An external wastegate is mounted separately away from the turbo. Both these configurations provide a way to bypass the exhaust flow coming from the manifold around the turbine wheel, allowing you to maintain a set level of boost. The bypassed exhaust flow causes a reduction in the exhaust flow that is driving the turbine wheel, thus giving the ability to raise and lower boost as required to meet your target boost. Like a blow off valve, the external wastegate uses boost pressure to balance the flow bypassing the turbine.
External wastegate’s are usually used on high output engines, as it allows for a much smoother and less complicated casting on the turbo itself, as it no longer has to have provision for an internal wastegate, which in turn makes the turbo work more efficiently. Also boost creep, which is typical on a turbo with an internal wastegate where the wastegate hole is too small, is a thing of the past as the external wastegate can be of a much larger size without compromising the turbo.